The Global Oncology Committee is a committee of the Canadian Association of Radiation Oncology (CARO), the national association for Radiation Oncologists in Canada.
Our guiding principles are to:
- Connect with, educate and learn from residents, physicians, therapists, physicists, nurses and researchers in the field of Radiation Oncology in low and middle-income countries.
- Build a centralized web-based knowledge platform for CARO members interested in global oncology.
- Develop a collective voice for CARO to communicate with other international agencies in support of global cancer control.
The 2019–2020 CARO Global Oncology Committee includes:
- Co-head: Dr. Jean-Marc Bourque (The Ottawa Hospital)
- Co-head: Dr. Danielle Rodin (Princess Margaret Cancer Centre)
- Resident representative: Dr. Jessica Chan (University of Ottawa)
- Dr. Jenna Adleman (University of Toronto)
- Dr. Andrew Arifin (Western University)
- Dr. Maroie Barkati (Hôpital Notre-Dame)
- Dr. Gaurav Bhattacharya (University of Ottawa)
- Dr. Sheila Ghosh (University of Manitoba)
- Dr. Jennifer Goulart (British Columbia Cancer Agency – Victoria)
- Dr. Timothy Hanna (Kingston Health Sciences Centre)
- Dr. Fleur Huang (Cross Cancer Institute)
- Dr. Joda Kuk (Grand River Cancer Centre)
- Dr. Laurence (Sangjune) Lee (University of Toronto)
- Dr. Wei Liu (Western University)
- Dr. Nauman Malik (University of Toronto)
- Dr. Fabio Moraes (University of Toronto)
- Dr. Simon Sutcliffe (British Columbia Cancer Agency)
- Dr. Michael Yassa (Hôpital Maisonneuve-Rosemont)
- Dr. Layth Mula-Hussain (Cross Cancer Institute)
- Dr. Shazia Mahmood (Saskatchewan Cancer Agency)
- Dr. Matthew Beckett (University of Ottawa)