The Global Oncology Committee is a committee of the Canadian Association of Radiation Oncology (CARO), the national association for Radiation Oncologists in Canada.
Our guiding principles are to:
- Connect with, educate and learn from residents, physicians, therapists, physicists, nurses and researchers in the field of Radiation Oncology in low and middle-income countries.
- Build a centralized web-based knowledge platform for CARO members interested in oncology in the developing world.
- Develop a collective voice for CARO to communicate with other international agencies in support of cancer control in low and middle-income countries.
The 2018-2019 CARO Global Oncology Committee is led by:
- Co-head: Dr. Jean-Marc Bourque (The Ottawa Hospital)
- Co-head: Dr. Danielle Rodin (Princess Margaret Cancer Centre)
- Resident representative: Dr. Jessica Chan (The Ottawa Hospital/University of Ottawa)